Loyola has advanced to the quarterfinals of the 2023 Mission League Tournament and will now set up for a rematch with St. Francis on Tuesday (Jan. 31) in La Cañada.
- WHO:  Loyola at  St. Francis
- WHAT: Mission League Tourney - Quarterfinals
- WHEN: Tuesday, Jan. 31 at 7PM
- WHERE: St. Francis HS - La Cañada Flintridge, CA
- Prices are $10 for Adults and $5 for Children 13 and under.
- Student tickets are FREE with school ID, but must be reserved using the link above for entry to the game.
- All tickets are electronic and purchased via the GoFan link above. No paper tickets will be sold on site.
- Guests will present their tickets on their phones at the gate.
ADDRESS: St. Francis High School - 200 Foothill Blvd, La Cañada Flintridge, CA 91011
LIVESTREAM: The game will be streamed through the NFHS Network. Refer to the link below and find the game at 7PM:
ROUND ONE RECAP: The Cubs were in control from the tip in their 75-64 win over Alemany in the first round of the tournament, ahead by 10 after the first quarter and up by as many as 19 in the first half. Juniors Hugh Vandeweghe (19 pts/4 ast) and Jonas de Krassel (16 pts/4 threes) paced the Cubs, while sophomore Jaedyn Patterson ’25 added 8 pts/7 ast. Both Max Stern ’23 and Joe Mirner ’24 also chipped in eight apiece.
PREVIEW/TOURNEY INFO: Now, Loyola advances to take on No. 4 seed St. Francis on the road for a spot in the tournament semifinals. The Cubs and Golden Knights matched up just five days ago, also in La Cañada, in a league contest back on Jan. 25th. Teams went back and forth in that one before the home squad pulled away late for the 64-55 win. A victory in this Tuesday's quarterfinal game would propel the Cubs into a 1v5 matchup against top-seed Harvard-Westlake in Studio City. The finals will be played at Alemany on Friday (Feb. 3). CIF Playoff pairings will be released on Sunday (Feb. 5).
STAY CUB-NNECTED: Follow Loyola Athletics and Cub Basketball on social media - Instagram: @Loyola.Athletics | @Loyola.Basketball; Twitter: @LoyolaAthletics | @LoyolaBB; Facebook: Loyola Athletics