Loyola Basketball’s challenging three-game league-opening stretch against Top 10 opponents concludes with the No. 1-ranked team in the CIF coming to Leavey Gym on Friday (Jan. 13). Fans are encouraged to come to campus early to watch a full state of rivalry games, starting with the Frosh game at 4PM, JV at 5:30PM, and Varsity at 7PM. Loyola Soccer will also be playing outside on Smith Field at 3:30PM (JV) and 5PM (Varsity).
- WHO: Loyola vs Harvard-Westlake
- WHAT: Mission League Game 3 of 7
- WHEN: Friday, Jan. 13 at 4PM/5:30PM/7PM
- WHERE: Leavey Gym - Loyola HS
- The Mission League is now requiring the purchase of tickets for all 2023 league games. Prices are $10 for Adults and $5 for Children 13 and under.
- Student tickets are FREE with school ID, but must be reserved using the link above for entry to the game. Loyola Faculty/Staff are also free with school ID at the door.
- Loyola will not require that the gym be cleared between games, meaning that the purchase of one ticket guarantees admission for all three games that day.
- All tickets are electronic and purchased via the GoFan link above. No paper tickets will be sold on site. Guests will present their tickets on their phones at the gate.
PARKING: Guests enter campus via the Dewey Lot (1499 Dewey Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90006). Security will direct any overflow to adjacent and secure parking lots surrounding campus. Handicap parking is also available (please inform Security).
ENTRANCE: Gates will open at 3:15PM for the Frosh game that starts at 4PM. Seating is at a first come, first served basis inside Leavey Gym. Reminder: Every person entering the gym, even for lower level games, must have secured a ticket to ensure our gym capacity is not exceeded.
ON CAMPUS: The snack/drink bar from Zlicious Eatz will be open on Friday.
LIVESTREAM: All three games will be livestreamed through either the NFHS Network or Loyola’s John Malloy Broadcast Club:
Frosh at 4PM
JV at 5:30PM
- JMBC Stream (YouTube): https://youtu.be/E6ajYGHqEZY
- NFHS Stream ($): https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/loyola-high-school-los-angeles-ca/gam0d8b727a73
Varsity at 7PM
- JMBC Stream (Livestream.com): https://livestream.com/lhslaonline/cubs2
- JMBC Stream (YouTube): https://youtu.be/iOkRsFsjGQM
- NFHS Stream ($): https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/loyola-high-school-los-angeles-ca/gam8b8b682242
Loyola has partnered up with the NFHS Network to provide a livestream for every home game played at Leavey Gymnasium. More info on how to view live, watch replays on-demand, and what you can see throughout the year here.
PREVIEW: After falling to No. 8-ranked Notre Dame last Friday in the opener and No. 5 Sierra Canyon on the road on Wednesday, the Cubs are looking to score their first Mission League victory this Friday (Jan. 13).
At Sierra Canyon, Loyola’s Varsity team put up a tremendous fight, pushing the highly-ranked Trailblazers all night and bringing the deficit to just single digits with three minutes to go before falling, 71-52. JV fell 78-37, while Frosh beat Sierra Canyon 75-35.
HOME SCHEDULE/UP NEXT: The other home games remaining are vs Crespi (Fri, Jan. 20) and vs Calabasas (Sat, Jan. 21). All Friday games are set for 4PM/5:30PM/7PM, while the lone Saturday contest is scheduled for 11AM/12:30PM/2PM. Those games will be triple-headers as fans can stay to watch Frosh, JV, and Varsity compete back-to-back-to-back.
Next Friday vs the Celts will be Loyola’s “Take Your Little Brother to the Game” event, with members of the Class of 2026 accompanied to the game by their senior Big Brothers. More details on that event to come!
STAY CUB-NNECTED: Follow Loyola Athletics and Cub Basketball on social media - Instagram: @Loyola.Athletics | @Loyola.Basketball; Twitter: @LoyolaAthletics | @LoyolaBB; Facebook: Loyola Athletics