After a program sweep of Alemany on Wednesday, Loyola Basketball laces up for the final Friday night home game of the season today (Jan. 20th) as the Cubs host Crespi at Leavey Gym. The freshmen start things off at 4PM, followed by JV at 5:30PM and Varsity at 7PM. A pregame Senior Night recognition ceremony will take place during warmups prior to the Varsity tip-off. *More info on Saturday's tripleheader vs Calabasas below.
- WHO: Loyola vs Crespi
- WHAT: Mission League Game 5 of 7 // Senior Night
- WHEN: Friday, Jan. 20 at 4PM/5:30PM/7PM
- WHERE: Leavey Gym - Loyola HS
- The Mission League is now requiring the purchase of tickets for all 2023 league games. Prices are $10 for Adults and $5 for Children 13 and under.
- Student tickets are FREE with school ID, but must be reserved using the link above for entry to the game. Loyola Faculty/Staff are also free with school ID at the door.
- Loyola will not require that the gym be cleared between games, meaning that the purchase of one ticket guarantees admission for all three games that day.
- All tickets are electronic and purchased via the GoFan link above. No paper tickets will be sold on site. Guests will present their tickets on their phones at the gate.
PARKING: Guests enter campus via the Dewey Lot (1499 Dewey Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90006). Security will direct any overflow to adjacent and secure parking lots surrounding campus. Handicap parking is also available (please inform Security).
ENTRANCE: Gates will open at 3:15PM for the Frosh game that starts at 4PM. Seating is at a first come, first served basis inside Leavey Gym. Reminder: Every person entering the gym, even for lower level games, must have secured a ticket to ensure our gym capacity is not exceeded.
ON CAMPUS: The snack/drink bar from Zlicious Eatz will be open on Friday.
LIVESTREAM: All three games will be livestreamed through either the NFHS Network or Loyola’s John Malloy Broadcast Club:
Frosh at 4PM (NFHS Stream - $)
JV at 5:30PM (NFHS Stream - $)
Varsity at 7PM:
- JMBC Livestream.com:
- JMBC Stream (YouTube): Will show after Varsity Soccer game ends at 5PM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONyVOvH8gXY&ab_channel=JohnMalloyBroadcastClub
- NFHS Stream ($): https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/loyola-high-school-los-angeles-ca/gam1d7ed740f8
Loyola has partnered up with the NFHS Network to provide a livestream for every home game played at Leavey Gymnasium. More info on how to view live, watch replays on-demand, and what you can see throughout the year here.
PREVIEW: The Cubs will look to make it back-to-back league wins after sweeping Alemany on Wednesday (Jan. 18) on the road in Mission Hills. Varsity defeated the Warriors 54-48, JV 65-41, and Frosh 69-26.
HOME SCHEDULE/UP NEXT: This Friday vs Crespi marks the last Friday night home game, while the following day (Saturday, Jan. 21) vs Calabasas is the final regular season home game of the year. Both games will be triple-headers as fans can stay to watch Frosh, JV, and Varsity compete back-to-back-to-back.
CALABASAS INFO: Saturday ticket link here. Gates will open at 10:30AM for the Frosh game at 11AM, followed by JV at 12:30PM and Varsity at 2PM.
EVENTS: Friday’s game vs Crespi marks the return of Loyola’s “Take Your Little Brother to the Game”, hosted by Loyola Campus Ministry. The event is designed to unite the members of the Class of 2026 for on-campus fun. There are seven games on campus that evening: JV SOC at 3:30PM, Frosh BKB at 4PM, Varsity SOC at 5PM, JV BKB at 5:30PM, Varsity BKB at 7PM, Varsity Rugby (club) at 7PM and JV Rugby (club) at 8:30PM. All freshmen are highly encouraged to participate and cheer on their fellow Cub classmates at all games!